who does not also possess a certain something in her air,
流露在走路的仪态 说话的声调
in the manner of walking, in the tone of her voice, her address and expressions. 还有言谈应对之中
除此之外 还有一样更重要的
(DARCY): And to this she must yet add something more substantial, 就是借博览群籍来提升智慧
in the improvement of her mind by extensive reading.
难怪你只认识 6 位多才多艺的女子
I'm no longer surprised at you knowing only six accomplished women. I wonder at your knowing any. 我还怀疑你一个也不认识
你太瞧不起你们女人了 贝纳小姐
(MRS HURST): You're severe upon your sex, Miss Bennet. (ELIZABETH): I must speak as I find.
这只是我的所见所闻
也许您很少在外面社交 贝纳小姐
Perhaps you haven't had the advantage of moving in society enough. 我们认识不少 多才多艺的小姐
There are many very accomplished young ladies amongst our acquaintance. 来吧,这样玩牌可真过瘾你们都欠我钱
(HURST): Come, come! This is a fine way to play cards! You're all light! 女儿们,这里可真是漂亮
Look, girls! Is it not a fair prospect?
这下连妈都来了
And now the mother! Are we to be invaded by every Bennet in the country?
是不是姓贝纳的都得来闹 真叫人受不了 It's too much to be borne! 贝纳太太,真是欢迎
Mrs Bennet! Welcome! I hope you don't find Miss Bennet worse than expected. 希望贝纳小姐的病情 没有您想的那么严重 当然有 她病得好重,捱得好辛苦
Indeed I do, sir! She's very ill indeed, and suffers a vast deal, 宾莱先生,虽然她这个人脾气最好,最有耐性
though with the greatest patience in the world, for she has the sweetest temper. 但她病得太重禁不起劳顿
But she is much too ill to be moved. We must trespass a little longer on your kindness.
我们只得再打扰您一阵子 这是应该的 But of course!
我们会尽心照顾贝纳小姐 太太,我向您保证
Miss Bennet will receive every possible attention, I assure you.
您真是太好心了 这屋子真是舒适 You are very good.
Well, you have a sweet room here!
我想您一到尼德斐园 就再也不想离开了吧 I think you will never want to leave Netherfield.
我很乐意在乡下住一辈子 你不也一样吗,达西?
I'd be happy to live in the country forever. Wouldn't you, Darcy? 真的?
You would? You don't find the society somewhat confined and unvarying? 你不觉得这里的生活圈子 狭隘又单调吗? 狭隘又单调?才不是呢
Confined and unvarying? Indeed it is not, sir!
不管您怎么说 乡下比伦敦好多了
The country is a vast deal pleasanter than town, whatever you may say about it! 妈妈 你误会达西先生的意思了
Mamma, you mistake Mr Darcy's meaning. 有吗? 他好像认为乡下一无可取
Do I? He seems to think the country nothing at all! 妈妈 狭隘单调
- Mamma. - Confined, unvarying!
我倒想告诉他 我们来往的就有24 户人家 I would have him know we dine with 24 families! (GIGGLES)
妈
Mamma? Have you seen Charlotte Lucas since I came away? 我来这儿以后 你见过夏洛蒂吗? 她昨天和威廉爵士来看我们
Yes, she called yesterday with Sir William. What an agreeable man he is! 威廉爵士为人真好
我说这种人才叫做有教养
That is my idea of good breeding.
那些自以为了不起 从来不开口的人
Those persons who fancy themselves very important, and never open their mouths, 根本就是大错特错
quite mistake the matter.
宾莱先生,您不是答应一安顿下来就要开舞会吗?
Mr Bingley, did you not promise a ball when you were settled here? 您食言而肥就太失颜面了
It will be a scandal if you don't keep your word.
我随时准备实践诺言
I am perfectly ready to keep my engagement. When your sister is recovered, 只要令姐康复
你们说哪天开舞会就哪天开
you shall name the day of the ball, if you please. 好了,丽笛亚这对你们可是大好消息
There, now, Lydia! That's a fair promise for you! That's generosity for you! 人家可真慷慨
这才是我说的绅士风度
That's what I call gentlemanly behaviour! 伊丽莎贝纳小姐 Miss Eliza Bennet.
赏个脸陪我在屋里走走 提神醒脑
Let me persuade you to follow my example and take a turn about the room. It's so refreshing! 您不一起来吗,达西先生? Will you not join us, Mr Darcy?
那只会适得其反
- That would defeat the object. - What do you mean, sir? 您是什么意思,先生? 他到底是什么意思?
- What can he mean? - I think we would do better not to enquire. 我想我们还是别问的好 不,我们非问个清楚才行
Nay, we insist on knowing your meaning, sir! 你们走路时体态最为美丽
That your figures are to best advantage when walking, 我在这个位置欣赏最好不过
and that I might best admire them from here.
天啊!嘴巴坏透了该怎么罚他,贝纳小姐? Shocking! Abominable reply!
- How shall we punish him, Miss Eliza? - Nothing so easy. Tease him. 好生折磨他,戏弄他 嘲笑他
- Laugh at him. - Laugh at Mr Darcy? 嘲笑达西先生? 想都别想 Impossible!
他这人完美无缺
- He is a man without fault. - Is he indeed? 是吗? 完美无缺?
A man without fault? 谁也不可能完美无缺
That is not possible for anyone.
但我用心避免这些容易闹笑话的缺点
But it has been my study to avoid those weaknesses which expose ridicule.
就像虚荣,是吗?或傲慢?
Such as vanity, perhaps, and pride? 虚荣的确是缺点
Yes, vanity is a weakness indeed.
不过傲慢?
(DARCY): But pride...
若是智慧高人一等 骄傲也不会越份
Where there is a superiority of mind, pride will always be under regulation. 我也有缺点,贝纳小姐但我希望不是头脑不好
I have faults, but I hope they're not of understanding. 我不敢说自己脾气好
My temper I cannot vouch for. 不妨说我性子火爆
It might be called resentful.
一旦遭我唾弃者 就永世不得翻身
My good opinion, once lost, is lost forever.
这的确是缺点
That is a failing indeed, but I cannot laugh at it. 但我不能加以嘲笑
我相信每种个性 都可能造成某种害处
I believe every disposition has a tendency to some evil.
你的缺点是喜欢讨厌每个人
- Your defect is a propensity to hate everyone. - Yours is wilfully to misunderstand them. 而你的缺点是故意误解他人 听听音乐好吗? Some music?
请向令尊令堂 致上最诚挚的敬意
Give your parents my warmest salutations. 转告令尊 欢迎他随时过来和我们打猎
Your father is most welcome to shoot with us at any time convenient. 谢谢,您太客气了
Thank you, sir. You are very kind. 再见 Goodbye.
再见 Goodbye.
上路吧,罗西特 Drive on, Rossiter.
外人走光了,家里真是清静
(MISS BINGLEY): How pleasant it is to have one's house to oneself again! 恐怕达西先生还在难过
But I fear Mr Darcy is mourning the loss of Miss Eliza Bennet's pert opinions and fine eyes. 失去了伊丽莎小姐 无礼的意见和一双美目
我向两位保证,事实正相反 Quite the contrary, I assure you. 瑾,我很遗憾地说
(ELIZABETH): Oh, Jane!
I'm sorry to say it, but notwithstanding your excellent Mr Bingley, 虽然你的宾莱先生真是好
但我从来没有 这么庆幸可以离开一个地方
I've never been so happy to leave a place in my life!
傲慢与偏见 Pride and Prejudice BBC 版本中英文剧本2 亲爱的,希望你吩咐过下人准备丰盛的晚餐
(FATHER): I hope, my dear, you have ordered a good dinner today, 我相信今天家里会有客人
because I have reason to expect an addition to our family party. Mr Bingley!
宾莱先生
Why, Jane, you sly thing, you never dropped a word! 瑾,你这坏东西一句话都没透露 (MOTHER): And no fish to be got!
现在已经买不到鱼了,天啊
Lydia, my love, ring the bell. I must speak to Hill!
丽笛亚,快摇铃我得立刻交代希儿
It is not Mr Bingley. It is a person I never saw in the whole course of my life. 不是宾莱先生
这个人我从来没见过
- Colonel Forster! - Captain Carter!
佛斯特上校 卡特上尉 No, I know. Denny! 不,我知道,是丹尼
About a month ago, I received this letter. 一个月前我收到这封信
About a fortnight ago, I answered it, for it was a case of some delicacy, requiring early
attention.
我想这种棘手的事得早处理 所以两周前回了信 It is from my cousin, Mr Collins, 这是我表侄科林斯先生写来的
who, when I am dead, may turn you all out of this house as soon as he pleases. 就是那个在我死了以后 随时把你们扫地出门的人 Oh, my dear, pray don't mention that odious man! 亲爱的,别提那个讨厌的人
It is the hardest thing in the world, that your estate should be entailed away from your
百度搜索“77cn”或“免费范文网”即可找到本站免费阅读全部范文。收藏本站方便下次阅读,免费范文网,提供经典小说综合文库傲慢与偏见 (Pride and Prejudice) BBC 版本中英文剧本(6)在线全文阅读。
相关推荐: