Your mother's sister is named Mrs Philips? - Yes. - And Mr Philips' estate is...? 菲力普先生的庄园在 他住在美乐顿
He lives in Meryton.
他是个律师 He's an attorney.
令堂的弟弟住在伦敦啰 是的
And your mother's brother lives in London? Yes. In Gracechurch Street. 在格雷斯查奇街
这条街 在伦敦的什么地方,瑾?
In which part of London is Gracechurch Street, Jane? 我 I...
请见谅
Forgive me, I... 我
佛西,快找人来贝纳小姐不舒服
Fosset, get help. Miss Bennet is unwell. 亲爱的
Well, my dear, if Jane should die of this fever, 万一瑾高烧而死
知道她是为了追宾莱先生 我们也该感到宽慰了
it will be comfort to know that it was all in pursuit of Mr Bingley, and under your orders. 何况这还是你的吩咐
胡说八道
Oh, nonsense! People do not die of little trifling colds.
小感冒死不了人的
她会受到妥善照顾 妈妈,我得去尼德斐园一趟
- She will be very well taken care of. - I think I must go to Netherfield. 去尼德斐园?根本用不着
(MOTHER): No, there's no call for that!
瑾在那里好得很
Jane is very well where she is. And you know there is nothing for you there. 你到尼德斐园 一点好处也没有
不如和妹妹到美乐顿去 多认识几个军官
Go to Meryton with your sisters and meet the officers. 对,丽西,那里可有得逛呢
Aye, there are more than enough to go around. 我知道瑾会希望我陪陪她
I know that Jane would wish me to be with her.
我想这表示我该叫马车罗
I suppose that's a hint for me to send for the carriage. 不用了,爸爸,我宁愿走路去 No, father, I'd much rather walk.
去尼德斐园不到 3 哩路晚饭前我就会回来
It's barely three miles to Netherfield and I'll be back for dinner.
Walk three miles in all that dirt? You'll not be fit to be seen. 在泥泞中走上3 哩路那个样子可不能见人 能见瑾就行了
I shall be fit to see Jane, which is all I want. 我已经决定了,妈
I'm quite determined, mother.
我知道,丽西,丽笛亚跟我会陪你走到美乐顿 I know! Lydia and I will set you as far as Meryton. 对 趁丹尼还没穿好衣服去找他
Aye, let's call on Denny early, before he is dressed. What a shock he will get! 他一定会吓死
- Ammm! - Our life holds few distinctions, Mrs Bennet, 我们一生庸庸碌碌
但可以坦荡荡地说 养了两个全国最傻气的女儿
but I think we may safely boast that here sit two of the silliest girls in the country. - 'Bye, Lizzy! - Isn't that Captain Carter? Make haste! 再见,丽西
看,凯蒂那不是卡特上尉吗? 来快点
贝纳小姐 达西先生 - Miss Bennet. - Mr Darcy. 我是来询问家姐的情形
I am come to enquire after my sister.
你走路来 你也看到了 - On foot? - As you see. 请带我去看她好吗?
Would you be so kind as to take me to her?
Well, we must allow her to be an excellent walker, I suppose. 我们得承认她很能走 但她今天早上那个模样
But her appearance this morning! She really looked almost wild! 简直是乱七八糟 我差点忍峻不住
(MISS BINGLEY): I could hardly keep my countenance! 她姐姐只是感冒 何必大老远跑来
Scampering about the country because her sister has a cold! Her hair, Louisa!
她的头发啊!露薏莎 她的衬裙
Her petticoat! I hope you saw it, brother. Six inches deep in mud, I am certain! 可惜你没看到,弟弟
我肯定 裙摆有6 寸都陷在泥泞里 恐怕我没注意到
It escaped my notice. I thought she looked remarkably well. 我觉得她的模样好极了
你一定注意到了吧 达西先生
- You observed it, I'm sure, Mr Darcy. - I did. 是的
我看你不会希望 自己妹妹弄成这副德行吧
I'm inclined to think you wouldn't wish your sister to make such an exhibition. 当然不会 Certainly not.
我觉得她故意逞能 表示独立,令人讨厌
It seems to me to show an abominable sort of conceited independence. 这表示她姐妹情深 这是很可爱的
It shows a pleasing affection for her sister.
达西先生,恐怕这番胡闹会减低你对她那美目的爱幕
Mr Darcy, has this escapade affected your admiration for her fine eyes? 完全不会 她的双眼因运动而更加明亮
Not at all. They were brightened by the exercise.
可是瑾贝纳是个好女孩
But Jane Bennet is a sweet girl!
可惜有这么糟糕的一家人 亲戚门第又低
It's very sad she has such an unfortunate family, such low connections. 她说她们家舅舅是从商的 住在齐普赛
Their uncle, she told us, is in trade, and lives in Cheapside!
也许我们下次到伦敦 应该登门拜访
Perhaps we should call, when we are next in town.
就算齐普赛全是她家舅舅 我还是很喜欢她们一家人
They'd be as agreeable, had they uncles enough to fill all Cheapside! 但有这种亲戚 她们很难嫁得好
With such connections they have little chance of marrying well, Bingley. 这是很重要的问题
That is the material point. 贝纳小姐,令姐如何?
Miss Bennet, how does your sister do? Is she any better? 好一点了吗?
恐怕她还是不大舒服 宾莱先生
- I'm afraid that she is quite unwell. - Let me send for Mr Jones.
让我去请琼斯先生来 你得留下等令姐康复才能走
- You must stay until she is recovered. - I would not wish to inconvenience you. 我不想给你们添麻烦 别再说这种话
I won't hear of anything else. I'll send to Longbourn for your clothes. 我马上派人 去龙柏园拿你的衣服 您太周到了,先生今天有没有活动啊? You're very kind, sir.
(HURST): Is there any sport today, or not? 到里面去 Get in there!
好了
There. Shall I disgrace you, do you think? 我这模样会丢你的脸吗? 你很漂亮,丽西你心里有数
You look very pretty, Lizzy, as you are well aware. 瑾,我宁愿在这里陪你 Oh, Jane.
I'd much rather stay here with you.
那对高高在上的姐妹 巴不得离我越远越好 The Superior Sisters wish me miles away. Only your Mr Bingley is civil and attentive. 只有你的宾莱先生 斯文有礼又关心 他不是我的宾莱先生
- He's not my Mr Bingley. - Oh, I think he is. 我觉得是,不然也就快是了 Or he very soon will be. 我想宾莱先生在客厅,小姐
I believe you will find Mr Bingley is in the drawing room, ma'am. 谢谢
Thank you.
达西先生,请过来指点我赫斯特先生一家独赢
Mr Darcy, come and advise me. Mr Hurst carries all before him!
- Ha! - Ooh!
请问令姐情况如何? 贝纳小姐
May I enquire after your sister, Miss Bennet? 谢谢,我想她好一点了
- Thank you. I believe she's a little better. - I am very glad to hear it. 这我就放心了
- Mr Hurst, I'm quite undone! - (HURST): Should have played the deuce. 赫斯特先生,我快输光了 早知道该玩两点牌
我们俩都输惨了,达西先生
(MISS BINGLEY): He's undone us all, Mr Darcy! 一起来玩吗,贝纳小姐?
- Will you join us, Miss Bennet? - I thank you, no.
谢谢,不了
你不爱玩牌 喜欢看书是吗?
You prefer reading to cards? Singular! 了不起
贝纳小姐看不起打牌
Miss Bennet despises cards. She's a great reader and has no pleasure in anything else. 她饱读诗书 对其他的事都没兴趣 我当不起这样的称赞或指责
I deserve neither such praise nor such censure.
I am not a great reader and take pleasure in many things. 我没有饱读诗书 也对很多事有兴趣 你在偷偷做什么,先生?
And what do you do so secretly, sir? 没有偷偷做什么 我在写信给舍妹 It's no secret. I'm writing to my sister.
(MISS BINGLEY): Dear Georgiana! I long to see her! 亲爱的乔琪安娜 我真想见她 她从春天到现在长大不少吧
Is she much grown since the Spring? Is she as tall as me? 跟我一样高了吗?
她跟伊丽莎柏贝纳小姐 差不多高了
She's now about Miss Elizabeth Bennet's height, or a little taller. 也许更高一点
And so accomplished! Her performance at the pianoforte is exquisite! 而且多才多艺 她的琴艺非常出色 你弹钢琴吗,贝纳小姐? 弹,但弹得不好
- Do you play, Miss Bennet? - Aye, but very ill indeed.
但年轻小姐都很多才多艺
All young ladies are accomplished! They sing, they draw, they dance, 会唱歌,画画,跳舞 会说法文和德文
speak French and German, cover screens, and I know not what! 会点缀屏风,不胜枚举
我眼中称得上多才多艺的 这种女子最多不过6 个 Not half a dozen would satisfy me as accomplished.
(MISS BINGLEY): Certainly! No woman can be esteemed accomplished, 当然,要称得上多才多艺 还得拥有相当的气质
百度搜索“77cn”或“免费范文网”即可找到本站免费阅读全部范文。收藏本站方便下次阅读,免费范文网,提供经典小说综合文库傲慢与偏见 (Pride and Prejudice) BBC 版本中英文剧本(5)在线全文阅读。
相关推荐: