我下定决心
除非有了最深刻的爱 否则我不结婚 So... I shall end an old maid, 这样一来
我就会变成老处女
and teach your 10 children to embroider cushions and play their instruments very ill. 教你的 10 个孩子绣椅垫和弹一手烂琴
- Good night, mamma. - My head is very ill tonight.
晚安,妈妈
今晚我的头好痛
I said, I wouldn't dance with him if he was the last man in Meryton! 天啊!就算美乐顿男人死光了,我也不跟他跳
- Good night, Lydia. Good night, Kitty. - Good night, Lizzy! 晚安,丽笛亚晚安,凯蒂 晚安,丽西 (LYDIA): Lizzy!
丽西
Wait till you hear our news! 听完这消息再出门
宾莱先生搬进了尼德斐园 威廉洛克斯爵士拜访过他了 - Mr Bingley has come! - Sir William Lucas called on him! 留口气吹片粥吧,凯蒂我来告诉妈妈
- Save your breath. I will tell mamma. - I don't wish to know. 我不想听
既然无缘结识宾莱先生 又何必管他
Why care for Mr Bingley? We'll never be acquainted with him. But, mamma! 可是,妈妈?
Don't keep coughing so, Kitty! Have a little compassion on my nerves. 拜托,你别咳个不停,凯蒂 可怜可怜我这颗心吧 又不是我高兴咳的
- I don't cough for my own amusement. - 40 servants, and he's very handsome. 他有 30 个仆人
是 40 个,而且很帅还穿着一件蓝大衣
- He declared that he loves to dance! - He said he'd come to the next ball! 还跟威廉爵士表示 他很爱跳舞 还答应参加下次的舞会 就在礼堂 星期六的舞会
- At the Assembly Rooms! - On Saturday! 还会带 6 女4 男
- With six ladies and four gentlemen. - It was 12 ladies and seven gentlemen.
不,是12 女7 男 女的太多了
- Too many ladies. - Lydia, I beg you would stop! 丽笛亚,我拜托你住嘴
We will never know Mr Bingley and it pains me to hear of him. 我们无缘结识宾莱先生 听到他的名字让我心痛 - (LYDIA): But mamma! - I'm sick of Mr Bingley! 可是,妈妈? 宾莱先生烦死了 I'm sorry to hear that.
真是遗憾
早知道这样就好了
If I'd known as much this morning, I should never have called on him. 那今早用不着去拜访他
(MOTHER): You have called on him?!
你拜访过他了?
现在想不结识他都不行了
I'm afraid we cannot escape the acquaintance now. My dear Mr Bennet! How good you are to us. 哦!亲爱的贝纳先生你对我们真好
哪里?
- Well, well. - Girls, girls, is he not a good father? 女儿们 他可不是个好爸爸吗?
And never to tell us! What a good joke! 还故意不说,真是好笑
And now you shall all dance with Mr Bingley! 现在你们都可以 跟宾莱先生共舞了 I hope he has a strong constitution! 希望他体力够好
And a fondness for silly young women.
而且还喜欢傻气的小姑娘
My dear Mr Bennet, nothing you say shall ever vex me again. 亲爱的贝纳先生 你再说什么都气不了我了 真是遗憾
I'm sorry to hear it. Well, Kitty.
凯蒂 我想你现在可以咳个够了
I think you may cough as much as you choose now.
- Shall we be quite safe here, Mr Darcy? - Damned silly way to spend an evening. 你看我们在这里安全吗? 达西先生 在这儿消磨一晚可真蠢 Mr Bingley! 宾莱先生
Allow me the pleasure of welcoming you to our little assembly.
容我欢迎您 来参加小地方的聚会 Sir William, I am very glad to see you. 威廉爵士,很高兴见到您 我最喜欢乡村舞蹈了
There's nothing that I love better than a country dance.
- Do you know who the two ladies are? - Mr Bingley's sisters, I understand. 那只有两个女的跟来了你认识她们吗,夏洛蒂? 就我所知是宾莱先生的姐妹
One is married to that gentleman, Mr Hurst. 一个嫁给了那边那位绅士 赫斯特先生 高一点儿的那个? 不,是旁边那个 - The taller gentleman? - No, the other. 那再匹配不过了
(ELIZABETH): Better and better! 她们都很优雅 Very elegant.
我看她们只会孤芳自赏 对周围的人都不屑一顾
Better pleased with themselves than what they see, I think. Lizzy! Jane! Come here! 丽西,瑾,过来
You see that gentleman? Lady Lucas says he is Mr Bingley's oldest friend. 看见那边那位绅士吗?
洛克斯夫人刚才告诉我 他是宾莱先生的至交老友 姓达西,家财万贯在德比郡还有个大庄园
His name is Darcy and he has a mighty fortune and a great estate in Derbyshire. 宾莱先生的财产望尘莫及
Bingley's wealth is nothing to his! 10,000 a year! At least! 他一年收入至少一万磅
Don't you think he's the handsomest man you've ever seen, girls? 你们不觉得他是 你们见过最英俊的男人?
I wonder if he'd be as handsome if he weren't so rich. 如果不是这么有钱不知道他会不会这么英俊? Oh, Lizzy! They're coming over. Smile, girls! Smile!
丽西,天啊!他们过来了 微笑,女儿们,微笑 Mrs Bennet. 贝纳太太
Mr Bingley would want to become acquainted with you and your daughters. 宾莱先生跟我说 希望能结识您和令千金 Sir, that is very good of you. 您可真是客气
This is Jane, my eldest.
这是瑾,我的大女儿 还有伊丽莎柏
And Elizabeth. And Mary sits over there.
梅莉坐在那儿
And Kitty and Lydia, my youngest, you see there dancing. 最小的凯蒂和丽笛亚 在那儿跳舞呢
- Do you like to dance yourself? - There is nothing I love better, madam. 您本身喜欢跳舞吗? 跳舞是我的最爱,夫人 如果贝纳小姐有空的话
If Miss Bennet is not otherwise engaged, 可否冒昧请您跳下面两支舞
may I be so bold as to claim the next two dances? 我有空 那就太好了
- I am not engaged, sir. - Good.
这是我们的荣幸,先生
You do us great honour, sir. Thank the gentleman, Jane. 瑾,快谢谢这位先生妈妈 Mamma.
您呢,先生? 您也喜欢跳舞吗?
And you, sir? Are you fond of dancing, too?
Oh, I beg your pardon. Mrs Bennet, may I present my friend, Mr Darcy? 请见谅
贝纳太太 容我介绍敝友达西先生
You are very welcome to Hertfordshire I am sure, sir.
赫特福郡一定很欢迎您
希望您跟您的朋友一样 是专程来这儿跳舞的
I hope you have come here eager to dance, as your friend has?
多谢夫人,我很少跳舞
Thank you, madam. I rarely dance. Let this be one of the occasions, sir, 那今晚就当是难得吧
您一定很少遇到 这么活泼的音乐
for I wager you'll not easily find such lively music or such pretty partners. 或这么漂亮的舞伴 Pray, excuse me, ma'am. 恕我失礼,夫人
Well! Did you ever meet such a proud disagreeable man! 你们见过 这么自傲又讨厌的人吗?
- He will hear you. - I don't care if he does. 妈妈人家会听到的听到又怎么样 如果他的朋友 这么和蔼又迷人
And his friend disposed to be so agreeable and everything charming.
(MOTHER): Who is he to think himself so far above his company? 他凭什么认为自己高人一等
The very rich can afford to give offence wherever they go. 豪门富户有条件到处冒犯人
- We need not care for his good opinion. - No, indeed! 我们用不着管他怎么想 没错
Perhaps he's not so very handsome after all? 现在他就不怎么英俊了吧 一点也没错 No, indeed! Quite ill-favoured.
难看死了
(MOTHER): Certainly nothing at all to Mr Bingley!
和宾莱先生是天壤之别 那个达西先生 我让他们瞧瞧 I'll show them!
你看他一双眼睛都在瑾身上
I wonder at Kitty and Lydia, that they are so fond of dancing.
凯蒂和丽笛亚真奇怪 怎么这么喜欢跳舞?
(MARY): I take little pleasure in a ball. 我觉得舞会闷透了
(ELIZABETH): I would take pleasure, if there were enough partners as agreeable as Jane's.
如果舞伴都像瑾的舞伴和蔼 我会觉得这个舞会比较有趣
I believe the rewards of observation and reflection are much greater. 我相信观察和省思得到的收获更大
Yes, when there are none others to be had.
如果只能有这种收获那倒也没错 这样一来 我们势必成为哲学家,梅莉 We shall have to be philosophers, Mary. Come, Darcy, I must have you dance! 来,达西我非让你跳支舞不可
I must. I hate to see you standing about in this stupid manner! 非让你跳不可
我不愿看你傻站在这里 来,你还是跳跳舞吧
You had much better dance! 我才不跳
I certainly shall not. At an assembly such as this? It would be insupportable. 在这种地方 简直无法忍受
百度搜索“77cn”或“免费范文网”即可找到本站免费阅读全部范文。收藏本站方便下次阅读,免费范文网,提供经典小说综合文库傲慢与偏见 (Pride and Prejudice) BBC 版本中英文剧本(2)在线全文阅读。
相关推荐: